Adventures In Learning Preschool – Orange
(714)538-7800 | 157 S. Malena Drive | Orange Ca 92869
Yellow Sunshines November News
Look what we learned last month!
In the month of October, the Yellow Sunshines learned their colors orange and black. They also worked on the letters A thru E, numbers 1thru 5, the shapes heart and star, and worked on recognizing the first letter of their name. The children learned about the seasons changing and made art of the different seasons. We also had lots of fun making spooky art to decorate our classroom. For example, the children made fall trees and collaged ghosts on them, spiders, cats, pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, etc. As a class, we had fun getting messy with guts of the pumpkin, pulling seeds out, and cooking the pumpkin. All of the sunshines are doing a great job on recognizing the first letter in their name.
What we will learn this month…
For the month of November, the Yellow Sunshines will be talking about Seasons, My Family, and Fall Harvest. They will be working on the letters F, G, H, and I. Also, the children will be working on the colors brown and black. The Sunshines will be learning the numbers 1 thru 10, and they will be learning the shapes rectangle and square. As a classs, we will also be cooking and continuing to work on our five senses. The children will be making lots of fall and harvest art.
- Trees, Leaves & the Change of Seasons
- My Family
- Fall Harvest
Language & Letters:
- Recognize 1st letter in first name
- Listen to and follow 1-2 step directions
- Letters F, G, H & I
- Jack Sprat
- Sorting and Matching
Science & Sensory:
- Easel Painting
Social & Emotional Skills:
- Awareness of Others
Colton is potty trained!!
• Natalia, Isaac, Myla, and Amelia are working very hard on the potty at school.
• Max, Colton, Laney, and Amelia know all their shapes.
• Myla and Charlotte are working hard on their ABC's song.
• Brandon is getting better on his tracing.
• Welcome to our new Sunshine Blake.
• Dominic is talking more with friends and can also pedal the bikes at school.
• All sunshines are doing a good job on being nice to each other and are working very hard on their tracings.
•Special thanks to all the parents who volunteered their time with our Trick-Or-Treating. Also, thank you to all the parents who brought goodies for Snack. We had a great time.
• We need some Large grocery brown paper bags for art please.
• Come join us for lunch on Friday, November 22nd for our Fall Feast at 11 AM. Sign up sheets will come out one week before, the lunch will be for children and parents.
• Remember to put a spoon and an ice pack in your child's lunch box. We do not provide either one.
• Remember to send diapers and wipes when you see your child's name on the clip board please.
Book Club – Our Favorites…
Our favorite books are listed below:
Changing seasons, Nuts to you, The Mixed up Alphabet, Sara Squirrel and the Lost Acorn, Fall Leaves, Five small Turkeys, Who will Carve the Turkey
Dates to Remember
November 6th – Cookie dough will be delivered. Please plan on picking up orders at lunchtime.
November 7th – Last day to purchase your child's pictures
November 11th– Veteran’s Day (school closed)
November 12th– 50th day of school celebration
November 20th – December lunch orders are due
November 22nd– Thanksgiving Feast
November 28th and 29th– Thanksgiving break (school closed)