Adventures In Learning Preschool – Tustin
(714)730-5458 | 1111 El Camino Real | Tustin Ca 92780
Blue Birds November News
Look what we learned last month!
In October the children had fun learning their five senses. We collaged fall trees, spring flower and yellow sun for seasons. We also painted black bats, and made a jack-o-lantern for Halloween. The children practice their shapes and colors. Learned letters B-E. We also have been practicing tracing our names. We had a great time at our Halloween party the children enjoyed all the delicious healthy snacks. The children are doing such a good job following the class rules and routines. Yay!
What we will learn this month…
In November we will talk abut families and why we love our families and fun things families do together. We will also have fun making colorful turkeys and Indian hats to celebrate Thanksgiving. During Transportation week we will make a truck using shapes, collage a car and paint an airplane. We still need lots of practice on holding a marker or pen properly when tracing and drawing. We will learn letters F-I and their sounds.
- Hooray for the USA
- My Family, Your Family
- Transportation – Things That Go!
Language & Literacy:
- Tracking from left to right (pre-reading skills)
- Identify & understand the parts of a book (cover, pages, author, etc)
- Comprehension & recall. The ability to re-tell the main idea of a storing, in order.
- Sight words: for, from, go, get, had, how, in, is
- Francy Fish F f
- Gordo Gorilla G g
- Honey Horse H h
- Inny Inchworm I i
Social & Emotional Skills:
- Speaking / performing in front of a group
Cognitive & Mathematical Skills:
- Sorting, classifying & matching
- Proximity. Understanding special relationships
Science & Social Studies:
- National & State symbols
- Days of the week & Months of the year
Large & Small Motor Skills:
- Eye hand coordination
- Pincer grasp (pre-writing skills)
- Riding a tricycle
- Writing name
Outdoor Curriculum this month:
- Balance Beam
- Follow the leader
- Ring toss
- Flannel stories
- Music & movement
- Good job to Justyn and Alyssa learning to spell their names.
- Bailey and Roman are doing well with their tracing skills.
- Please do not bring toys from home
- Bring make sure your child has an extra change of clothes (underwear and pants) in their cubby.
- Don’t forget to read your child’s highlights daily.
Thank you Bailey for bringing fruit on your birthday. Also thank you to everyone that signed up for our Halloween snack party.
Dates to Remember
November 6th – Cookie dough will be delivered. Please plan on picking up orders at lunchtime.
November 7th – Last day to purchase your child's pictures
November 11th– Veteran’s Day (school closed)
November 12th– 50th day of school celebration
November 20th – December lunch orders are due
November 22nd– Thanksgiving Feast
November 28th and 29th– Thanksgiving break (school closed)