Children are not the only ones that need a little help when it comes to going back to school. Parents are often left in the dark about many things, and getting their children ready for school should not be one of them. It is a parent’s job to help their child get ready for their new adventures in early childhood education. It is important for parents to understand exactly what is expected of themselves and their children prior to the start of a school year.
Before your child heads into their new classroom for the first time, Adventures in Learning in Orange, CA has put together a checklist to ease the transition into the 2015-2016 school year:
- Ensure that you child has had all necessary medical checkups and immunizations. These requirements can be picked up at the office or school district. Missed immunizations can delay the start of a school year.
- If your child suffers from any food allergies it is imperative that you make contact with the school. Your child may need permission to carry an Epi-Pen or the school may need to set out special requirements.
- Emergency contacts and phone numbers should be updated with the staff at Adventures in Learning.
- Decide how your child will get to school. If they need to take the bus, it is important that you sign your child up with the school for pick-up and drop-off.
- Take the time to collect all of the school supplies that have been laid out in a Back-To-School packet.
- Send your child to school with a nutritious lunch in a easily-distinguished lunch box or bag.
These are just some of the most important aspects of getting your child ready to attend Adventures in Learning’s early childhood education in Orange. For more tips on school-preparedness, contact us today!