Adventures In Learning Preschool – Orange
(714)538-7800 | 157 S. Malena Drive | Orange Ca 92869
Yellow Sunshines October News
Look what we learned last month!
In the month of September, The Sunshines learned our colors: red, yellow, and green. They worked on letter A, B, C,D, numbers 1 – 3, and the shapes: circle, square, and Oval. The children learned how to recognize the parts of our body, sharing, and getting to know our new friends. All of the Sunshines had fun making hand prints, foot prints, and loved tracing their bodies on paper and painting them. When we were done, we hung them around the classroom. The Sunshines had fun with playdough, shaving cream, and dumping beans. Parents brought in all kinds of apples, the children learned what was the same and what was different. After we talked about the apples, we tasted them.
What we will learn this month…
In the month of October, we will be talking and learning about our five senses,
feelings, and emotions, the letters A-E , Number 3 and 4, the shapes: star and diamond, the trees, leaves, and the changes of the seasons. We will be creating a lot of fall and Halloween art, smelling and tasting different scents. On Thursday, October 3rd, we will read Otis for Read for the Record. Our Cookie Dough Fundraiser will be from October 7th thru 18th. We will have our school pictures on Friday, October 11th. Our special snack and trick-or-treating will be on Thursday, October 31st from 9:15 AM to 11:00 AM. We will need lots of parent volunteers please.
· Feelings, Emotions & My Five Senses
· Trees, Leaves & the Change of Seasons
· Pumpkins, Spiders, Cats & Bats
Language & Letters:
· Practice saying / knowing first and last name
· Recognize 1st letter in first name
· Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater
· Recognize Colors
Science & Sensory:
· Dumping & Pouring
· Textures & Touch
Social & Emotional Skills:
· Self awareness
Welcome to the New Sunshines: Valerie and Colton.
• Myla and Max can trace shapes and letters.
• Charlotte, Amelia, and Natalia are making new friends.
• Charlotte can draw circles and is very proud of them.
• Isaac comes to school with a big smile and is trying new things at lunch time. One bite is good. 🙂
• Dominic can now sing his ABC's in front of his friends.
• Laney can recognize all her friends names on her own. She is also a super good helper at clean up time.
Thank you to all the parents that brought apples for our apple week.
Remember to put a spoon and an ice pack in your child's lunch box.
We need parents to volunteer for our Trick-or-Treating on Thursday, October 31st from 9:15 -11:00 AM. Sign up sheets will be available 2 weeks before.
Book Club – Our Favorites…
My Five Senses, Changing Seasons, Six Small Pumpkins, No Biting, Afraid of the Dark, The Mix Up Alphabet, Sara Squirrel and the Lost Acorn, and Fall Leaves.
Dates to Remember