Adventures In Learning Preschool – Tustin
(714)730-5458 | 1111 El Camino Real | Tustin 92780
Red Robins February News
Look what we learned last month!
In January we had so much to do! We welcomed the New Year by making a firework art display. We did a lot of weird science projects. We made our own “goop” and playdough. We looked for rollie pollies and worms to learn a little more about what they eat and how they live. We had the fire department and police department visit us to talk about fire safety and stranger danger. We even had an opportunity to go inside the fire truck and police car! Celebrated our 100th day of school our class made trail mix with everyone’s 100 of our favorite cereal, candy, etc. It was so much fun dressing up in our favorite super hero costume. We had so much fun and we are looking forward to February.
What we will learn this month…
For February we will be making secret Valentines for our moms and dads. We will be having a special valentine snack party on Friday, February 14th at 9am. Sign up will be posted by the sign in/out book. Your child will need a lunch on the day of the party. Please make sure to have 24 cards already signed with your child’s name on them, but not addressed we will be passing them out to our friends. We would like for our parents to bring in their child’s party item and cards by Wednesday, February 12th to make sure we don’t forget them! To help us with number recognition we will be doing a special Dr. Seuss project! Another Special project lined up for February is exploring with magnets. We will be making a chart to graph what objects are magnetic and which are not. We will be very busy in February but our Red Robins are ready to continue learning and having fun!
• Love & Frienship
• Post Office & Valentines
• Famous People & Birthdays
• Nursery Rhymes & Dr. Seuss' Birthday
Language & Literacy:
• Recognize & produce rhyming words
• Identify birthday
• Sight words
• Sammy Snake Ss
• Timothy Tiger Tt
• Umber Umbrella Uu
• Vincent Vampire Vv
Social & Emotional Skills:
• Kindness & Caring
Cognitive & Mathematical Skills:
• Count, recognize & order numbers 1-30
• Recognize most colors
• Recognize & draw most shapes
Science & Social Studies:
• Cause & effect
• National & state symbols
Large & Small Motor Skills:
• Running & riding a tricycle,
• Cutting, writing name, eye hand coordination & pincer grasp
We would like to say, “Great Work” to Aiden and Nasiyah for knowing how to spell their name by themselves. Taylor and Hideo are doing an excellent job with dot addition. All the Red Robins are working really hard and trying their very best! We are proud of you all!
We would like to thank our parents who came to our Kinder Readiness Meeting. I hope the information was useful! Please feel free to ask us more questions if needed.
Homework can be found online and is due every Friday. Visit our website www.adventuresinlearning.com to print your child’s weekly homework. Homework is checked and recorded every Monday.
– We are asking parents for donations of clothes and shoes that don’t fit your child any longer. Anything is appreciated!
– Bring extra clothes and leave in cubby.
– Don’t forget to read our “Daily What Happened”
– Bring crib sheet and blanket in a pillowcase for naptime.
– Make sure your child has a sweater available in their cubby.
Dates to Remember
– 2/2: Groundhog Day
– 2/5: Happy Birthday Ms. Stephanie!
– 2/6: Happy Birthday Warren!
– 2/7-14: Mixed Bag Fundraiser
– 2/14: Valentine’s day snack party at 9:00am
– 2/17: School closed – President’s day
– 2/20: Happy Birthday Penelope!
– 3/2: Dr. Seuss’ Birthday – Wacky hair day!