A little about our Yellow Sunshines
In order to provide the best possible care for your child, we feel it is important for us to work as a team. You and the teachers both bring valuable dimensions to your child’s development. With mutual respect and clear communication, your child’s growth at Adventures In Learning can be a happy and rewarding experience.
As your child enters the Sunshine classroom they begin the first phase of their preschool experience at Adventures In Learning. With their increasing physical and intellectual capabilities come increasing expectations and responsibilities. Meeting these challenges on their own is an integral part of a child’s developing self-esteem. As hard as it is, parents must begin taking a “back seat” and listening when the child says, “I do it!”
In our Yellow Sunshine class we focus on all four areas of development: Intellectual, Social, Emotional and Physical. Because each child develops at their own rate, all children will not be at the same level at the same time. Children are allowed to work at their own developmental level and pace.
In addition to fun and interesting art, sensory, music, small and large motor activities; our curriculum for two and young three year olds includes:
- language and letters
- cognitive skills: attention, thinking, reasoning, remembering, imagining
- counting and numbers
At this age social and emotional skills are equally if not more important than academics or intellectual development.
Therefore, we also incorporate:
- learning to separate from Mom and Dad
- learning to be part of a group and form friendships
- sharing and taking turns
- learning and practicing self help skills (dressing self, washing hands, cleaning up own messes – throws away trash, etc.)
- learning to use their words when they want or need something
- learning to follow directions