Adventures In Learning Preschool – Orange
(714)538-7800 | 157 S. Malena Drive | Orange Ca 92869
Blue Birds November News
Look what we learned last month!
In the month of October, the Blue Birds learned about Feelings and Emotions, Our Five Senses, Manners and Self-Esteem, the Seasons, and all about Halloween. The Children made lots of Halloween Art. For example, Haunted houses, bats, ghosts, cats, pumpkin art, etc. As a school, we had a blast trick-or-treating and sharing all our great fall treats. Also, we started our Zoo Phonics with the letters Aa-Ee and we practiced tracing our names and letters.
What we will learn this month…
During the month of November, we will be exploring Hooray for the USA, Transportation, My Family, Your Family, and all about Thanksgiving. The children will make fall art, turkeys, family collages, etc. As a school, we will have lunch together with our families on Friday, November 22nd This will be a fun family event.
- Hooray for the USA
- My Family, Your Family
- Transportation – Things That Go!
Language & Literacy:
- Tracking from left to right (pre-reading skills)
- Identify & understand the parts of a book (cover, pages, author, etc)
- Comprehension & recall. The ability to re-tell the main idea of a storing, in order.
- Sight words: for, from, go, get, had, how, in, is
- Francy Fish F f
- Gordo Gorilla G g
- Honey Horse H h
- Inny Inchworm I i
Social & Emotional Skills:
- Speaking / performing in front of a group
Cognitive & Mathematical Skills:
- Sorting, classifying & matching
- Proximity. Understanding special relationships
Science & Social Studies:
- National & State symbols
- Days of the week & Months of the year
Large & Small Motor Skills:
- Eye hand coordination
- Pincer grasp (pre-writing skills)
- Riding a tricycle
- Writing name
• Great Job to all the Blue Birds for working extra hard on their tracing!
Special thanks to all the parents who volunteered their time with our Trick-Or-Treating.
• If any parents want to donate Holiday stickers that would be great, we can use them for art.
• Remember to put a spoon and an ice pack in your child's lunch box. We do not provide either one.
• Please clear the lunch self everyday of breakfast items. Thank you.
• Share days are Fridays only with the letter of the week. No super heros and no weapons!
• Please remember to empty your child's cubby at the end of each day because I fill it daily.
Dates to Remember
November 6th – Cookie dough will be delivered. Please plan on picking up orders at lunchtime.
November 7th – Last day to purchase your child's pictures
November 11th– Veteran’s Day (school closed)
November 12th– 50th day of school celebration
November 20th – December lunch orders are due
November 22nd– Thanksgiving Feast
November 28th and 29th– Thanksgiving break (school closed)