Our staff is dedicated to helping children grow at their natural pace by building their self-confidence, strengths and skills. Teachers at the center are fully certified in early childhood education. Our teacher aide backgrounds include meaningful experiences in working with young children and current enrollment in early childhood education courses.
We strive always to hire only qualified staff with education in Child Development. However, we also look for personal qualities that we value highly in our caregivers: love of children, patience, sense of humor, a desire to help children grow and develop, a nurturing attitude and a belief that what we do is very valuable; that we help shape the future.
Typically this field tends to have a high turnover rate. This is not true at Adventures In Learning. We pride ourselves on retaining our employees for many years. Several of our teachers are original employees from when we began in 1996. We have students that have graduated on to elementary and even middle school come back year after year to visit their teachers.
We encourage our staff to further their education in a variety of ways:
• By supporting ongoing enrollment in college classes, child development and general education.
• We offer financial assistance to attend workshops and conferences in this field.
• We hold staff meetings and on-site workshops to develop specific skills and to solve problems as they arise.
• We encourage our staff to visit other centers to observe different programs and gain a broader perspective of the field we are in and, in the process, set new goals for themselves and their students.
• We emphasize the importance of communication with parents as a way of obtaining deeper understanding of individual development in children, and of building that important network of support between school and home.
• We maintain a library of pertinent resources and books for parents and teachers regarding development, discipline, health problems, etc.
Everyone from teachers to maintenance personnel are screened and investigated for the children’s protection. Adventures In Learning requires that all employees be screened with:
· The Department of Justice
· The FBI
· Child Abuse Registry
· References are checked thoroughly